Several journalists chose to lead their Beatles-iTunes stories with bad Beatles-related puns and references, like I just did. Here's a sampling of these Beatles-iTunes ledes:
- Doug Gross, CNN.com: "It's been a long and winding road, this relationship between Apple and the Beatles."
- Ethan Smith, The Wall Street Journal: "Steve Jobs is nearing the end of his long and winding pursuit of the Beatles catalog."
- Jessica Mintz, Associated Press: "'Beatles for Sale' is finally for sale on iTunes -- along with the rest of the Fab Four's albums, from 'Please Please Me' to 'Revolver' to 'Abbey Road.'"
- David Sapsted, The National: "The Beatles – with a little help from their friends at EMI –- have finally made it on to iTunes."
- Neil McCormick, the Daily Telegraph: "It has been a long and winding road but they have finally come together."